|Hound of Tindalos|
|Race||Creatures of Darkness|
|Game(s)||Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare|
The Hounds of Tindalos are the legendary equivalent/big cousins of the weaker Dogs of Darkness.
These are the shadow hounds, spoken of only in legend. First appearing to an elder Morton family member in his youth, a funnel of smoke pouring out of a corner in the basement of the mansion began to manifest itself into the head and body of a thing that should not exist! It’s a representation of all the universe’s evil. Some texts suggest that a Hound of Tindalos is immortal, descending upon prey for reasons mere humans cannot possibly fathom. The Hound of Tindalos the Morton first encountered was a weaker creature that could be dispelled.
That isn’t to say that a Hound of Tindalos is a simple adversary—far from it. They are fast, attack in packs, and rip through flesh in seconds with their razor-sharp teeth. Although they have only average strength, their jumping bite inflicts appalling injuries, and their tremendous speed makes it difficult for their victims to flee. Instead, victims tend to stand in a dissociated trance, viewing the dissolving flesh of these skeletal mastiffs in an abject catatonic state.
- Prepare to receive rotting teeth to the arms and torso if a charging hound connects with you. After automatically shaking the beast off and stemming the bleeding, check your health.
- Attack with a weapon before the dog connects with a jumping bite. This would failed the attack.
- Trying to run? Good luck—you’ll need it when these unrelenting Hounds chase you!
- You’ll also need to avoid the Hound of Tindalos’s second attack, a series of bites at your heels and legs that inflict major wounds.
- It’s better to stop running, face the four-legged fiend, and turn up the heat, courtesy of the Lightning Gun.
- Hounds of Darkness are equivalent of Dogs of Darkness.